What We Offer
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition
Refers to the process of gathering information, in real time, from remote locations. The data comes from oil wells, pipelines, electric power grids, traffic signals, seismic sensors, air quality monitors, etc. This information is used to analyze and control the performance of these systems.
Monitoring and Reducing Oil Theft and Losses
Oil and Gas companies need to deliver Crude Oil to Refineries, Refined Products to Depots and Gas to Customers, through a diverse network of pipelines. Increasingly Pipelines leakages are occurring with causes ranging from decayed infrastructure to vandalization. These leakages cause severe damages to the environment when not detected early enough. Also the theft of pipeline products have negative effects on the companies and Governments as revenue losses that could be very harmful to the bottomline and budgets do occur.Our Satellite connectivity enables Oil and Gas Companies and Governments to monitor pipelines and detect the minutest of leakages, as soon as they occur. A measurement is required at each end of a monitored Pipeline section. Recommended maximum section length is 25-35 miles (40-56 km). Longer sections (over 100 miles) can be monitored when reduced sensitivity is acceptable. Leakage Location is determined within minutes of detection at both ends. Operator may begin shutting in as soon as the leak is detected.The specific parameters that are monitored, the way that is done (push-pull) as well as the interval at which data is needed (or triggered by fault events) are the hallmarks of our connectivity and the underlining technologies that TFnet provide to ensure that EXACT points of leakages are located and proactively resolved within Minutes of occuring.
Providing Customized Utilities Communication Solutions
Energy Utilities are making progress, developing a next-generation communications network capable of running their smart grid, but many Utilities need to plan how to affordably and reliably extend this communications network to the difficult to reach locations of their service territory. Through TFnet, Utilities like DISCOS and GENCOs gain a secure and reliable network solution to monitor SCADA devices, with the ability to extend broadband applications such as video surveillance, VoIP and corporate data access to remote substations where other traditional communications technologies fall short. Our Satellite connectivity enables Utilities to bring the smart grid anywhere it is required, especially to remote substations, AMI collector sites and customer locations beyond the reach of primary networks. TFnet’s technology is leveraged by Utilities to support the need to backhaul smart meter data from aggregation sites and manage green (Solar and Wind) energy sites that may be in remote or difficult to reach locations. Utilities depend on satellite technology to not only provide constant connectivity, but also as backup to the overall communications network in the wake of catastrophic events or circuit failures.
The TFnet Benefits
Whether you are an integrator, an Energy Utility, Oil and Gas Pipeline operator, there is a compelling case for including TFnet as part of your communications network. TFnet and our partners work with Telecom, Utilities,Oil and Gas Operators to provide IP-based satellite communication solutions that integrate into their core networks to help meet their objectives.
Global connectivity is essential. Social Media is exploding. Instant Communication is vital. Individuals, Businesses and Organizations need to access emails, social media voice, data and video and every internet application, anywhere, anytime. TFnet Internet via Satellite offers all applications across the African continent at anyplace, anytime. With Satellite Internet from TFnet, you are assured of 99.9% Service availability. No cable cuts, No truck rolls!
- 99.9% Service availability
- No cable cuts
- No truck rolls!
Global connectivity is essential. Social Media is exploding. Instant Communication is vital. Individuals, Businesses and Organizations need to access emails, social media voice, data and video and every internet application, anywhere, anytime. TFnet Internet via Satellite offers all applications across the African continent at anyplace, anytime. The need for uninterrupted connectivity is fueling the growth of broadband services that can support many enterprise IP applications—from data to voice to video —and extend to any location; be it land, sea, or air. Internet Service Providers (ISPs) typically opt to connect to a backbone link over satellite when they are located in countries where terrestrial networks are non-existent, insufficient, fragile,and overly expensive or are operated by a competitor. With Satellite Internet from TFnet, you are assured of 99.9% Service availability. No cable cuts, No truck rolls!
SME Broadband Access
Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) broadband access via a satellite network is offered to connect offices on an individual basis. The offered services may vary from consumer type broadband access to VoIP services. Typical service profiles have smaller contention ratios compared to consumer broadband access. As an extra service, multiple public IP addresses are offered to the SME in order to connect its public web or e-mail servers and applications.
The success of today’s organizations and enterprises highly depends on reliable and secure Internet connectivity. The connectivity enables faster, more secure transactions and improved productivity by sharing information between entities no matter where they are. The enterprise services include all communication activities within an organization. The requested supported services include intranet, VPN, mail, client-server applications etc.
The iDirect Platform is an IP-based satellite communications system engineered to deliver quality broadband connectivity wherever and whenever it’s needed. It changes the nature of what satellite communications is capable of achieving, transforming satellite’s ‘reach’ into a mainstream solution able to extend high-speed, secure connectivity to any geography, environment or communications application within the enterprise. The iDirect Platform is a key driver in evolving the VSAT market by helping customers optimize networks, reduce costs, differentiate service, enter into new markets, and grow revenue. iDirect’s technology is trusted worldwide to support critical IP applications across the enterprise, providing the essential integration across terrestrial and satellite networks and platforms. If it’s VoIP, VPN, streaming media, Internet access or data backup, iDirect’s advanced technology is an essential part of global enterprise networks everywhere, enabling workers from headquarters to the most remote offices to better connect and collaborate, and share information.
Newtec Dialog Platform provides the opportunity to offer multiple services on a single platform. Newtec’s Dialog Platform offers a large variety of matching terminal designs, network architectures and Quality of Service features allowing to provide these services in a variety of applications.
- Modular, Scalable and Extendable Platform: The Newtec Dialog Platform offers a modular and scalable platform to enable your business and operational objectives in the most efficient and flexible way.
- Pay as You Grow: The Dialog architecture and accompanying CAPEX investment model suits a smooth growth of the network. The satellite connectivity infrastructure is easy to install and enables immediate service deployment and large scale rollouts.
- Low Operational Cost: Keeping the on-going operational expenses under control is a key success factor when deploying network services. Newtec’s Dialog Platform offers high network efficiency reducing satellite capacity OPEX and easy to use operation of the hub minimizing operational expenditures.
- High Availability: The carrier-grade Dialog hub has redundancy on the user- and control management layer equipment, RF-signal and mains supply inputs.
- Quick Deployment and Low CAPEX: First, the cost of the consumer terminal is kept below today’s most competitive satellite systems available on the market. Secondly, the terminal requires no configuration at all, further reducing the initial OPEX. The automated terminal certification assures correct installation and pointing of the terminal. It gives instant link quality approval and guarantees that each terminal works at maximum efficiency with no interference risk
- Future Proof: Dialog is a future proof investment, capable of accommodating evolution in network size, number of satellites, network and satellite technology. The hub is fit for C-, Ku- and Ka-band. The network supports both IPv4 and IPv6. The system also supports networks where both IPv4 and IPv6 access is needed, creating a single, logical dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 network.
- Nigcomsat 1R
- Africasat 1A
- Eutelsat 3B
- Nigcomsat 1R
The benefits of true internet connectivity via Satellite technology touch nearly every facet of your life and business:
- Greater efficiencies
- Lower operating costs
- Increased productivity
Whether it’s enabling faster, more secure financial transactions, assuring business continuity despite network failures, or keeping a mobile, dispersed workforce connected, IP connectivity drives business success in the enterprise, TFnet will be there to make sure it happens.
Governments all over the world need to reach out to its citizens, to provide connectivity to its offices, locations and infrastructure to ensure universal access and delivery efficiency. TFnet provides the satellite solutions that enable them to achieve these objectives.
- full network coverage to any location
- Unlimited Internet access
- 24/7 Customer Support
International Organisations, Global Agencies and Donors need to constantly communicate and keep in touch, even at the most remote location. TFnet provides the satellite solutions that enable them to achieve these objectives.
Rural Connectivity and Infrastructure
Governments can initiate nation-wide programs to enhance the connectivity to rural areas and dispersed communities. The connectivity can be at home-level (consumer), at street (e.g. compare to fiber-to-the-street) level or village level. A nation may choose to support its infrastructure within a region by connecting offices or sites to a satellite network. In some instances the services offered are a government version of similar corporate services, for instance connecting embassies to a single network. This may require support of a more complicated stack of services (e.g. Intranet, secured transport, CRM, client-server passport control). Others include police-stations, fire departments, etc. Sometimes the initiative is limited to a single service and simpler in set-up (e.g. connection of election booths).
International Defence and Government
Militaries not only need secure and reliable communications to connect soldiers in the field with central operations, but also to provide recreation and welfare services for troops deployed far from home. Militaries not only need secure and mobile communications to connect soldiers in the field with central operations, but also to provide recreation and welfare services for troops deployed far from home. Governments and Civil Agencies need flexible, secure and reliable solutions for ensuring diplomatic connectivity and public safety. The ability to quickly deploy and manage a network that can easily scale without the restrictions of an existing communications infrastructure is essential to military and government operations. Solutions need to be highly secure and reliable to provide assured access to any need, anywhere.
Education and Training
Enable lessons, lectures and opportunities for students Schools in remote areas need not be at an educational disadvantage. Whether it’s Internet access for rural classrooms beyond the reach of terrestrial broadband or distance learning via video streaming for universities, TFnet technology opens doors for any educational network. As more people than ever seek higher education, distance learning has become a strategic initiative for the world’s colleges and universities, and satellite communication plays an important role in education and training. TFnet’s broadband technology enables interactive distance learning that improves productivity, provides an easily accessible forum for anyone, anywhere, and is cost effective. Regardless of a student’s location around the globe, satellite communication reaches every corner so that quality education and training is assured. Whether it’s providing an IP-based satellite solution to students abroad, or governments providing training for their country’s citizens, education and training are vital for a country’s economic health and general morale.
Reasons for Satellite Communications
- Satellite broadband technology allows rural communities to experience the same level of education and services that are within urban centers. Satellite connectivity can be delivered anywhere in the country or across the globe. With no wires needed, satellite is quick to deploy wherever the school or training center is located.
- Satellite is cost-effective for education and training. While educational facilities yearn to break down the barriers that separate distance classrooms from their main campus counterparts, they also seek to improve the efficiency and cost of delivering courses remotely.
- Utilizing satellite enables videoconferencing, live lectures via telephone and even real-time collaborative tools, such as a digital whiteboard where content can be modified in real time, all at a low cost.
Disasters are unpredictable, which is why it’s important to have a communications plan with progressive technology that is quickly deployed in any environment and under any circumstance. Using satellite is ideal because it is independent of terrestrial infrastructure. TFnet offers a satellite solution that provides the reliability and global coverage that you can depend on during an emergency, and the technology that can support many types of emergency relief deployment:
- Fast set up and connectivity while first responders assess the emergency.
- Emergency vehicles equipped with auto-pointing antennas that can be on the air in mere minutes.
- Communications-on-the-Move technology allows vehicles to remain connected while traveling to the emergency.
- Supports voice, data and video in real-time and advanced services such as mobile cell sites for GSM or 3G services, or mobile TETRA radio base stations.
With the TFnet Platform first responders have full communications capabilities with voice, data and video whether in a densely populated urban area where the infrastructure is damaged, or a remote and isolated location where no infrastructure exists.
TFnet’s satellite solutions, together with our team’s extensive knowledge, experience and technical innovations allow us to deliver your channels to any Pay TV, Mobile TV and IPTV operator, Teleport or Satellite around the world. TFnet delivers highly innovative and cost effective solutions tailor-made for African Broadcasters and Global content providers and platforms.
Satellite Contribution Service is a means to transport video programming by a satellite link from a remote source (such as an Outside Broadcast Van) to a broadcaster’s studio or from the the Studio to a satellite TV uplink Center or Headend (for onward distribution by DTH, Cable, Fibre, IPTV etc). TFnet provides satellite contribution links for the occasional or fixed use of our client broadcasters. TFnet’s satellite resources, and technical innovations allow us to deliver your channels to any Pay TV, Mobile TV and IPTV operator, Teleport or Satellite around the world. TFnet delivers highly innovative and cost effective solutions tailor-made for your specific contribution needs.
Fixed Contribution, is the delivery of TV channels, Radio channels or Playouts to specific headends, for onward distribution through Direct to Home (DTH) Satellite Broadcast, Cable TV, Fibre, Mobile TV, IPTV and the Internet. Highest quality of delivery and utmost availability of 99.9% are needed to ensure the channels do not have downtimes. Due to the physical location of the Broadcaster studios, terrestrial services may not be available to fulfill the broadcaster’s media contribution needs.
- Radio Channel Contribution: Radio contribution mostly requires a multiple of fixed 64kbps channels and represents a nonfluctuating Stream which is guaranteed by satellite.
- TV Channel Contribution: There is a great need to have your TV channel delivered effectively to your Headend whether DTT, DTH, Mobile TV,with the highest quality of delivery and utmost availability of 99.9% and no downtimes is critical, to ensuring that audience are maintained as well as advertisers. TFnet Fixed Contribution services guarantees just that, while you focus on your content and growing your channel and the markets. Multiple contributors provide content to the hub. This content is ready for further distribution without any translations. Additional Software takes care of content access control. Depending on the type of contribution different modem types are applicable.
Occasional Use Contribution
TFnet is a leading provider of Occasional Use services for News, Sports and special events in SD and HD having developed our ground breaking, innovative solutions. We deliver your content to every corner of the world, at any time needed.
- Fast News Gathering: Our Digital Satellite New Gathering (DSNG) solution is a first of its kind, guaranteeing lowest latency, lowest uplink power and fastest set up times (up and running in 5minutes) that guarantees delivery of breaking news from anywhere within our satellite footprint. Designed from the ground up to meet with local broadcaster’s budget, power constraints and studio connectivity, the solution enables our clients to deliver breaking news and other Live News and Events as they occur real time, without all the constraints of Terrestrial networks, at the most affordable costs.
- Data and Voice Channels: SNG vans or remote occasional contribution points sometimes benefit from satellite communication for data and voice in addition to the live content transmissions. This is critical for studio, internet and IFB communications.
- Outside Broadcasts: Live long Haul events, such as Sports, Political Campaigns, Music Shows, Wedding Ceremonies, Festivals and Tournaments all require best of planning, co-ordination and delivery. Together with our partners, and sister divisions, TFnet delivers Outside Broadcast (OB) solutions that guarantee lowest latency, lowest uplink power and fastest set up times ensuring that you deliver your content anywhere within our satellite footprint. Designed from the ground up to meet with local broadcaster’s budget, power constraints and studio connectivity, the solution enables our clients to deliver Live Sports and Events as they occur real time, without all the constraints of Terrestrial networks, at the most affordable costs.
- Radio Channel Contribution: Due to the possible non-continuous operation (e.g. only when the Radio News Van is in place and ready for a news flash) an occassional use system may be desired.
Primary TV Distribution
When you are looking for TV Channel Distribution services, TFnet is here to offer the most comprehensive, cost effective and suitable solutions for every customer and their specific needs. TFnet is an emerging leader in quality TV distribution as we deliver content to and from every corner of the world. Our wide Satellite coverage and innovative technologies allow our clients to distribute their content easily to TV Stations,direct to home (DTH) uplinks, Cable, DTT Headends and IPTV platforms in every corner of the world. TFnet operates our own MCPC (Multiple Channel Per Carrier) digital satellite distribution platform delivering satellite TV distribution at the highest level, providing broadcasters with end-to-end solutions, and drastically reducing their channel distribution costs. This will be continuously expanded to ensure that we can provide capacity on every continent around the world. Our platforms are low latency, secured, affordable, support conditional access (CA) and transmission delay applications. TFnet offers Satellite TV Distribution services as it provides access to MCPC (Multi Channel Per Carrier) and DTH broadcast platforms around the world. International Linear Content providers can leverage on this platform to reach dozens of Broadcasters and TV stations in an efficient, secure and affordable manner.
The TFnet Benefits
Whether you are DTT Multiplex, A television Channel, DTH platform, PayTV provider, Content provider, Mobile TV and IPTV provider, there is a compelling need for including TFnet as part of your broadcast solution
Most Organisations, Businesses, and Institutions usually have multiple locations, Offices or infrastructure spread across a geographic region or continents. They need to communicate accordingly with those locations, and the devices therein. They need to distribute files, Share Videos, data and Voice communications, without recourse to the Public Internet or Public networks. With our Satellite IP Solutions, TFnet can provide the needed communication for different purposes to drive their networks
- High speed internet
- Unlimited Internet access
- 24/7 Customer Support
Our satellite teleport services connect our customers to all their end users for different purposes. From managing your content, to finding the best satellite platform for distribution or contribution of your signal to uplink/downlink and turnaround, to enterprise connectivity for various applications and broadband internet, TFnet provides the highest quality of services for all your needs through our teleport services.
- High speed internet
- Unlimited Internet access
- 24/7 Customer Support
TFnet provides the highest quality of services for all your needs through our teleport services. Our highest quality offerings include the broadcasting services value chain, all satellite services, fiber connectivity and others. Constantly leveraging advances in technology and innovation, we manage, aggregate and transport content for broadcasters and networks to audiences around the world to and from Africa, to give the most effective solution for all your data, internet and broadcasting needs.
State-of-the-art Teleport Facilities:
With over 10 years of experience and our substantial role in connecting Africa for news, sports and special events, make our teleport facilities a leader in satellite connectivity. Our tailor made service and solutions from traditional teleport to flyaway to transportable uplink and downlink systems that meet and exceed the mission critical needs and requirements of every single customer.
Virtual Network Operator (VNO)
TFnet Virtual Network Operator (VNO) Services for data services is to support multiple service providers over the same platform, each with their management domain. The flexible VNO concept can be used to support different business models, from a model where specific capacity and routing is dedicated to a VNO enabling to create his own service profiles, to a model where a VNO is simply a reseller of specific network operators, defined service profiles. Each VNO is provided with tools to manage the services, network and elements he is provided access to by TFnet. The VNO has both GUI as API access for his dedicated resources. Two examples of VNO models are supported:
- VNO as reseller of TFnet defined profiles:VNO has access to all tools to manage his full terminals population base: create/update/delete terminals using network operator defined profiles, Fault and Performance Management of terminals, accounting data. Data is accessible through GUI and API;
- VNO buys dedicated capacity pools from Network Operator: on top of the terminal management tools, the VNO has also access to define the service profiles within his dedicated pools, has access to performance monitoring of the pools, e.g. congestion factor measurements, etc. Access rights can be defined granting read/write or read/only access.
TFnet provides end-to-end broadcast solutions including Uplink, Downlink, Turnaround and Playout services from our advanced, fully automated and redundant teleport facilities. Our serves permanent and occasional use broadcast clients all over Nigeria and Africa
Direct to Home (DTH) Distribution
TFnet delivers your TV channel on the most popular digital satellite platforms (dedicated for direct to home (DTH) viewing on small dishes from 60 cm. We can easily collect your channel from anywhere using our Satellite and Fiber Network connections and distribute it directly to your viewers’ homes in every corner of the world. TFnet’s aim is to transform customers into long-term successful partners who trust our innovative solutions and superior service offerings.
Our central strategic location and earth station infrastructure enable TFnet to be a strategic partner for IPTV/ OTT and Pay TV's for Content Aggregation from around the world. We deliver timely, request-specific aggregations in accordance with our partners’ needs. For various Pay TV providers, we act as their media hub downloading multi TV channels from various satellites we see, aggregating and streaming the TV channels to their networks.